Systems Engineer Opportunity – LabVIEW, FPGA, DAQmx, cRIO, PXI
Sheffield (other sites and remote are potentially viable)
£35,000 – £50,000 (Depending on relevant experience)
Can you picture yourself moving into consultancy work with a National Instruments alliance partner?
Do you like the sound of varying, challenging projects where you can personally develop and enhance your skill set?
Would you be interested in a company who support their employees in achieving the LabVIEW accreditation’s?
If this sounds interesting to you, then I would like to talk to you today to explain more about my clients opportunity to hire a Systems Engineer immediately.
The role is within the systems engineer department, where you develop both hardware and software solutions, primarily in the LabVIEW programming language, on National Instruments platforms.
Helping customers that are industry leaders across their own fields, senior engineers will take reasonability for leading projects and being client facing for clients.
Here is a brief of the responsibilities:
Programming memory and speed efficient applications using LabVIEW, object-oriented programming and event-based architectures.
· Developing intuitive graphical user interfaces.
· Selecting the correct measurement hardware for a given application based on a customer’s specification.
· Providing timely, accurate and effective solutions to technical problems.
· Providing guidance on the installation and working functionality of both software and hardware, including an explanation of configuration settings.
· Troubleshooting problems and incompatibilities in both software and hardware.
· Delivering professional and high quality, customer education courses.
· Delivering technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, colleagues and partners.
· Maintaining up to date awareness of all competitive products and how they compare technically with Austin Consultants’ core products and technologies
· Working with the business development team to develop proof of concepts and Quotations for customers.
· Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, including at short notice 50% of the time
The Ideal Engineer will have:
· Minimum 2.1 honours degree in engineering or science related field, such as electrical/electronic engineering, physics, mechatronics, mechanical or computer science.
· Certified TestStand Developer qualification desired but not essential.
· Minimum of 3 continuous year’s practical commercial project experience in, instrumentation & control, industrial automation and ATE is required.
· Firm knowledge and experience of National Instruments embedded systems, including LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real Time.
· Understanding and practical experience of object-oriented principles.
· Experience with all National Instruments hardware platforms, including DAQmx, cRIO and PXI.
· Practical electrical debug experience.
· Experience in a second language, Python, JAVA, C and C++ is preferred but not essential.
As always, lots more information to be discussed around the company and the opportunity, which I will be happy to do so over 0117 428 0600/ firstname.lastname@example.org if you ask for Milo.
Or please apply to this advert and ill give you a call today as it’s a in-demand role and I’ll be booking interviews this week.
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.