Senior Automation Test Engineer
Brighton HQ – Hybrid working
Up to £70,000 + Share options + Benefits
Senior Test Engineers, this Fintech company is looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic people to come and join their team! They are building out the QA team and is looking for someone to come in and work directly with the QA manager.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast moving and growing Fintech start-up with a drive to change how early-stage businesses get access to funding, and in turn, how potential investors discover opportunities and manage investments.
What you’ll do:
- Build an effective test automation framework using best principles which will fulfil our
- automation requirements for accelerating the testing and validation of our web products and
- API layer
- Support and progress the extension of this framework as our software delivery needs evolve
- g. driving towards a CI/CD delivery model
- Create effective automation test deliverables in accordance with our QA standards and
- expand/maintain our automated and manual test suites
- Execute test cycles, both manual and automated, to surface and report software defects and
- provide a view on the levels of software quality being delivered by our teams
- Contribute to the overall testing effort on delivering our software
- Partner with the development & product teams to ensure critical and high priority tickets are
- resolved appropriately
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team in automation competencies
- Participate in dialogue with BAs and developers to reach agreement in understanding of new
- Work with the DevOps team to integrate test scripts into the CI/CD pipeline
Who you are:
- Passionate about quality and automation
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within a SaaS product environment
- Have a track record of building effective test automation frameworks for web and API
- products using tools such as Selenium, Cypress, Postman
- Experience with C#
- User-centric and operate with a continuous improvement and shift-left mindset
- Able to evaluate product risk and translate this to appropriate levels of test coverage and
- good test design
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and CI/CD principles and tools
- Practical experience in testing highly scalable, cloud native and distributed applications
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of BDD or Specification by Example test approach utilising a framework such as
- Comfortable in their abilities to work alongside developers of all experiences, to drive quality
- as an integral part of the product.
- Any knowledge of non-functional test processes a definite plus
This role will be a hybrid working model with 2 days on site in Brighton and the rest remote.
For the right person they are willing to offer up to £70,000 + Benefits (Share options, 25 days holiday, flexible working, pension, remote working options, training budget, etc)
If you are interested in this Automation Test Engineer role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07441390417 to chat further.
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.