SENIOR ANDROID DEVELOPER (KOTLIN)
Q: What, in the ever-evolving market of mobile development, is the ‘future’ language of Android?
A: According to anyone who’s anyone in the field, Java legacy systems are dying – the future of Android lies in Kotlin.
In a revolutionary move for their developers and customer base, my London-based client is aiming to establish a code base written entirely in Kotlin – and they’re in need of a strong and innovative Android Developer to help lead the charge.
Code transformation is only the tip of the iceberg for this bespoke solutions company: when working with big-name clients such as Coca-Cola, RBS, Whitbread (Costa Coffee) and Deloitte Digital, staying ahead of the technological curve is the only option.
Based in sleek, modern offices within walking distance of a major London train station, your daily view will look out over a great view of London and the Thames.
Your day-to-day will involve working closely with your fellow developers, along with your iOS counterparts, the UX/UI team, and resident QA specialists to elevate, and deliver, software solutions for your clients. In addition, you’ll be collaborating with the Mobile Lead to mentor your junior developers.
By comparison, your day-to-night will involve after-work dinners and drinks, frequent office outings, and bi-yearly ‘creative conferences’, to discuss future pipeline. In a horizontal working culture, everybody has a voice!
– At least a year’s solid experience working with Kotlin for Android
– 4+ years creating cutting edge Android apps
– Clean architecture: MVVM, MVI essential
– RxJava / RxAndroid
– Agile methodologies: Scrum and/or Kanban
– Developing and maintaining Android applications – examples encouraged upon interview!
– Expert, meticulous code quality that you’re able to demonstrate
– A ‘can do’ attitude, and a good sense of humour
– Knowledge of iOS / iOS development experience
– QA / testing knowledge
If you have the Kotlin skills to leave your mark on the market, get in touch for an initial consultation!
07441 390 405
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.