Communication Architect/ Algorithm Engineer – DSP, C++, RTL
Sheffield area (remote working options/ flexible working)
£50,000 – £75,000 (Depending on relevant experience) + company bonus’s and share scheme
Fancy working in a cross-disciplinary team to design and innovate new products?
Can you picture yourself working with a collaborative start up with ambitious projects?
Do you like the sound of innovative product centric work?
If this sounds interesting to you, then I would like to talk to you today to explain more about my client’s opportunity to hire a lead communication algorithm expert to help define, design and implement for new product design.
The role is suitable for an autonomous worker with high responsibility and high autonomy, with a fairly flat structured dynamic where processes don’t prohibit innovation and technical work.
The opportunity will suit a self-motivated, collaborative engineer, happy to take on steep learning curves and work on rewarding and challenging projects in equal measure.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development algorithms and simulation for the next generation products including:
* Researching and developing new algorithms communication signal processing algorithms for best-in-class implementation of various wireless standards
* Perform mathematical analyses of the given problem and its proposed solutions.
* Write detailed design documents that will enable implementation of algorithms by other teams specializing in either RTL design or DSP firmware coding.
* Optimize and fine-tune the system for spec compliance in an RF lab environment.
* Implement system models and perform detailed performance investigations
* Collaborate with digital designers and firmware developers to realize algorithms with efficient implementation.
* M.S.C/ PhD in engineering or equivalent work experience required.
* At least 10 years of experience in communications algorithms and DSP architectures
* Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
* Deep knowledge in modems, WiFi, DVB, Antennas, MIMO, tracking systems, RF design, PHY, MAC
* Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modelling, and simulation.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, hands-on entrepreneurial environment
* Experience in development of point-to-point, point-to-multi-point or wireless CPE (Customer-premises equipment)
* PHY or ASIC design / chip architecture or FPGA/DSP design experience.
* Hands on experience on lab testing & characterization.
As always, lots more information to be discussed around the company and the opportunity.
Please apply to this advert and ill give you a call today as it is a in-demand role and I’ll working to process applications this week and next.
There is only one vacancy currently.
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.